Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wonderful

I saw a word surrounded by a busy background and thought I'd try something similar.
I piled a bunch of different flower pics I have until I couldn't see the background. Then I merged all the layers together.
The following you can do two different ways: while right-clicking on the type tool choose the 'horizontal type mask tool,' and then type your letters and erase, or you can choose the Magic Wand tool and while holding the shift key down add all the letters together and then erase.
I used two different fonts: Storybook and LD Licorice. I also like Scriptina, it's more dramatic, but I've used it a lot recently, so change is good.
After I took out the letters, so it looks empty inside the flowers (and you can use any kind of background for this) I gave it two different shapes: one looks like a grunge type frame and the other looks like a label; I got that .csh from Delicious Scraps, you should visit her. I also applied a bevel to both of them, simply because I can't leave it alone. But this freebie doesn't come with shadows.


This is a big file. They're on a 12x12" .png sheet, so they're about 12x4", or so.
If you put a dark background behind and apply a style to the background, the picture pops up even more. Try it.
Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment