Thursday, June 21, 2012

Exquisite & Beautiful

I was playing with one of the words when I decided to offer two. Set with the same font: Wilderness, it has enough curls that I can add a swirly design.

For 'beautiful' I added a swirl that had a flower right in the center, so I just erased it, since I wanted the letters to take center stage. I applied a red style with a silver border. I added the letters each one individually, because I wanted to position them myself. After that I merged the layers together, so they don't go anywhere without me knowing. I know, controlling. Ha, ha, ha.

I finally added a style that would hollow out the letters and make them pop up.

For 'exquisite' I colored the letters in orange, then added a style that would only add silver to the outside of them, leaving the color untouched. If you have a lot of styles, you can spot these kind because the inside of the box is empty.

I added the swirl and doubled the layer. I put one in front and one behind of the words. Then I erased some portions of the one that was in front (above) the word 'exquisite' because some of it was too much. I added a soft style to both of them, a style that had some silver to resemble the borders in the word, but didn't merge the layers, because it turns into a mess.

And that's pretty much it.

I don't give names of styles because I've had them for a while, downloaded them from who knows where, and probably changed the names in the process (so I know what they do).
I hope you get inspired to make your own. Good luck!
Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment