Friday, June 15, 2012

Bloom

I know, I know. Spring's almost over. Although I love the mornings right now, you can still go pedaling around without getting blasted by the sun.
I chose this phrase simply because I've worked on it before and wanted to get a new take on it. I have to confess this is not my first work today. This is my second version. It usually ends up that I like the second version better. This is also the simpler version.
Have you thought about what kind of flower you are? In previous versions of this phrase I've done, I used cute or pretty clip art, because we possibly think of ourselves as pretty or cute.
This time I chose a dandelion. Some people eat it, some people pull it out of their flower beds (me). Some people may think they're useless, and they probably think the same about themselves. I think that we can be any kind of flower we were born to be, no matter what other people think.
So someone doesn't like your hair is not perfectly done today? Doesn't matter, they probably don't know you've been up all night with a toothache or a sick child.
Anyway, I don't mean to talk too much about this topic (too late-huh?).
I had the clip art for a while; I know I applied a filter to it, but I can't recall which one-probably 'cutout.' I used Parade and Scriptina fonts, in green, then added a black stroke: 2 px, outside.
The whole look just came together. Love it. What do you think?

The graphic is a .png file, with no shadows. I just added the shadow for show. Of course it's for personal use only.
Have a great day.
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment