Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Birthday

A friend's birthday is coming up, so I designed this sign.
First of all I cut the shape of the cake and gave it a style, and got that out of the way. That was the easy part. I liked that shade of pink and the cake looked good. I debated between the shape and a clip art. This won.
Then came the more dificult part. I didn't know which way I was going to go. Then I decided to put the HAPPY (United States font) behind the shape. The problem was the look for the letters. Just dark, or  something better? After many tries, I liked the glittery style I found.
I typed 'birthday' in Storybook font. First I had some confetti I wanted to mask with, then I just ended up with the gold style, after I added the 2U and matched them.
I added a rectangular background and another gold style, so the whole thing looks like it's a raised plaque.
Hope you like it.
Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment