Friday, May 11, 2012

To Those Who Can't

Hello. The subject of motherhood has been debated profusely as of late.
Working or not working, the job is never easy. I remember a time, years ago when I was going to University to become a teacher, and our instructor said that being a teacher was not very rewarding, because you can't see the fruits of your labors for years. She had never married or had children. I was single at the time and focused on career, so I never thought of another point of view.
But think about it, you don't know what will happen to you, or if you will be able to have children. And when you do, you don't know how everything will turn out.
Years later I married a good and honorable man. The sad thing is that I left behind my family and culture. We started our life here in the States. Almost immediately we realized we couldn't have babies. We spent years going through treatments -if you are or have been infertile you know what I'm talking about. Treatments that drive you crazy and make you think you're out of your mind. I had to stop them every time, to become myself again.
By the infinite grace of God, I finally became pregnant after a few miscarriages. I feel for those women that so much want babies. I can only say that God loves you, no matter what you're going through at the moment.
This is my tribute to you, friends.

I applied a shape to a picture of a hydrangea I have, and gave it a stroke in a darker shade of blue.
I remember how sad it was to go to church on Mother's day, I hope you will have a good weekend.
Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment