Thursday, May 10, 2012

Home is...

Hi again! It doesn't matter if it's a hut in the jungle or a highrise in Manhattan, the place you were raised by your mother will always be home.
I don't know if you've heard the song "The House That Built Me," sang by Miranda Lambert. If you're into country you probably have. In the song, she goes back to the old house where she grew up and she walks through the different rooms, remembering.
The following is part of the lyrics:
You leave home, you move on and you do the best you can.
I got lost in this whole world and forgot who I am.
If I could just come in I swear I’ll leave.
Won’t take nothing but a memory
from the house that built me.

I'm sure you're wondering why I mention this. Well, I mentioned before that in 2007 my husband and I took the children on a trip to Argentina, so they could meet the other side of the family. It was very bittersweet, and the saying that goes "you can't go home again" is so true.
My family has moved out of the house I called home. We drove to it and stopped accross the street and I couldn't believe so many changes the new owners made to it. It wasn't the same place at all! Heartbreaking, really.
Anyway, I saw this cute mushroom house and thought of the phrase and put it all together for you to take home as a freebie. Don't forget that the art is only for Personal Use.
Thanks for visiting!
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment