Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July

I'm continuing to add to the month collection.
This one just kept changing while I was designing it. I started out with a different picture background and then I exchanged it for the one you see now.
I added starbursts to the background and set the layer mode to overlay, that way it looks soft, barely visible.
I added another layer and put a heart brush matching the red of the flag in it, and set the blending mode to overlay. I also moved the brush, so the heart looks a bit off center.
After I added another layer, I typed the phrase 'JULY' using The American Flag font, and applied an acrylic style on it.
I finally added another layer and used a curly frame in white to frame the whole thing. I set the blending mode to 'soft light.'
I hope you like it.
Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment