Tuesday, July 3, 2012

America Land of Liberty

I started out with a different  vision and somewhere along the way the look of this design just changed.
I had the picture for the background, then I found the eagle. I wanted to incorporate the bald eagle in the design, so I extracted it from its original picture.
I had a background paper that I used for the phrase America. I used the Horizontal Type Mask tool and cut the letters out of it and used the letters. I gave them the flag shape at the same time, with the Create Warped Text option. Then I added the white stroke, turning them into a sticker, so they could be easily seen. I added a shadow and in the layers area I gave it a pin light effect.
I used Poster Bodoni and Liberate fonts.
The picture for the background I duplicated. One I left untouched. The other I turned into a frame using the rectangular marquee tool and cutting out what I didn't want. Then I used a clear glass style on the frame, and gave it a shadow. That way it still has part of the picture in it, but frames the picture.
I loved the idea of the eagle breaking out of the frame, giving the idea of freedom, strength and determination. Isn't that what this nation is all about?
Finally, I like the look of the whole picture. It looks like a postcard.
This is a .png file, about 6x10 in.
Have a great and safe 4th of July, and Let Freedom Ring!
Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment