Saturday, January 12, 2013

Snowflake Border

With the freezing temps we're having here in Utah (we just got a whooping 8" or more in some places), snowflakes is all I can think of right now.
I used different sets of snowflake brushes to make the border. I put every single snowflake in their own layer. When I was done with the bigger ones and had them where I wanted them, I meshed the layers together into one (ctrl + E). Then I went into the next size, repeated the same process until I got the snowflakes the way I wanted them. I looked for  a brush that would have small snowflakes to make a sweep as a background, but didn't find any, so I added a spatter background and reduced the opacity to 65%.
When I was done, the original is dark, but you can do Ctrl + U and change the color by playing with the levers. I also went to Filter, Adjustments, Invert and turned it white. If you do this, you have to play with the adjustment levers to make the snowflakes go lighter and lighter. Here's the result.
The file you get is the original black/grey. 300 dpi, no shadows.
Any questions? e-mail me at luvdscraps [at] gmail [dot] com
Enjoy!
Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment