Saturday, March 16, 2013

Christus Overlay

Just in time for Easter, this is a great way to showcase an important day.
I had a picture of the Christus, so I took out the background, using a filter I  turned the picture into either a stamp or a photocopy (don't remember which), then I took out all the white parts. Since the black lines were too thin, I added a black stroke to everything, and what was left was visible.
I then opened a 2 in sq new document, placed the image inside, with plenty of room around and saved it as a pattern. I used the pattern to make a first impression, and all the images lined up like this:
        .   .   .
        .   .   .
I wanted something more like a diamond formation, so I doubled up the image in another layer and moved it around until I got it the way I wanted.
What you get is a .png file, 12x12", black ink, no shadows. I put a blue background and turned it white (Ctrl + I) just for show.
Enjoy!
Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment