Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall on a Lid

I've done this before, where I used bottle caps to display clip art or other stuff.
This time I took a picture of one of those Bell jar lids (since I've been bottling things I grew during summer). Looking at one of the lids one day I thought I could do something with it.
So here it is:
As you can clearly see, the final result is not the same as the original. Simply because I played a little with the picture.
First I went to the clip art layer and instead of an overlay, I used soft light, 85%. I still didn't like it, so I used the magic wand to choose some areas and used stroke 5p to make stronger lines. After that I wrote 'Fall' and used a gold style to bring it out. The final 'lid' is about 6" in diameter. 300 dpi. No shadows.
Have fun!
Patricia.
PS: I've made others using this same method. I'll share them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment